Xerox Senior UI/UX Designer/Project Lead 9/15 to present
Contract Senior UI/UX Designer creating engaging, human-centered interface design for copier/printer multi-function devices, web, and mobile apps.
- Championed user-centered interaction models.
- Maintained knowledge of current and emerging UI design concepts, standards, and best practices.
- Developed UI mock-ups and prototypes to communicate design ideas to stakeholders and support project planning.
- Illustrated design ideas by leveraging wireframes, story boards, user flows, process flows, and site maps.
- Created detailed visual behavior specifications and worked with developers (local and offshore) for implementation.
- Designed graphic user interface elements like menus, controls, and other visual elements in alignment with standards and brand guidelines.
- Created usable and accessible graphics, images, and logos for device, web, and mobile applications.
- Collaborated with product owners, engineers, and developers to consistently improve functionality and experience of digital initiatives.
- Worked in an agile software development environment with requirements and solutions evolving through collaboration between cross-functional teams using Microsoft Azure DevOps software.
- Performed extensive quality control assessments of software and apps from early development through release.
Forward Branding Creative Director 2/04 to 9/15
Managed a design team working on branding, identity development, graphic design, and UI/UX for web/interactive projects for Kodak, Bausch & Lomb, and University of Rochester Medical Center. Focused on providing thoughtful, detailed, creative solutions that use the latest technologies, are cost-effective, and easy to implement.
Ardent Learning Senior Art Director 11/02 to 2/04
Developed CD/web-based training tools for Fortune 300 clients. Responsible for all aspects of the work from concept through production graphics. Working directly with instructional designers to create informative, easy-to-navigate applications for delivery on CD and through the web.
Eastman Kodak Company Senior New Media Designer 6/01 to 11/02
Designed UI/UX experiences for web applications, desktop software, and digital camera interfaces. Responsible for all aspects of the work from concept through production graphics. Interacted directly with industrial designers, human factor engineers, software programmers, and marketing to produce consistent user interface designs that are easy-to-use while supporting Kodak’s brand identity and brand goals.
dockside.net Creative Director 1/01 to 5/01
Fireball Design Creative Director /Owner 8/98 to 1/01
Forward Design Creative Director 6/92 to 8/98
Saatchi & Saatchi Art Director 10/88 to 6/92
Art Institute of Pittsburgh
Visual Communications with Honors
Monroe Community College